At Mason First United Methodist Church we seek to be a caring community of faith. We prioritize hospitality and offering a welcome to everyone who comes through our doors. Each week in worship people are greeted as brothers and sisters in Christ. That’s more than just a ritual for us, it’s a sign that we are all part of the family of God. At Mason First United Methodist Church you’ll discover a community of faith where we care for one another, care for our community and care for the world in which we live.
At Mason First we provide children, youth and adults opportunities to grow in faith and faithfulness. We believe that faith is a lifelong journey and that while we are on this side of eternity we continue to grow more broadly in our experience of God and more deeply in our understanding. You can learn more about these opportunities and discover how to connect with them by clicking on the What We Offer and Get Involved links.
Mason First United Methodist church is committed to extending the reach of God’s love through offering financial support, material assitance and hands on service. We partner with the United Methodist Church on national, international and regional projects. Our church also joins hands with local community organizations to offer support to people closer to home. Some of our outreach efforts are described below…
- Missionary Support – We support Valarie Mossman-Celestin of Haiti Artisans for Peace International (HAPI), a ministry that works for the economic empowerment of Hatian Women and girls.
- Living Water International – is supported through our Change for Change Offering – a loose change offering collected in those months with 5 Sundays, on the 5th Sunday. Our pennies, dimes and dollars provide access to clean safe water for people all over the world.
- Lake Louise Camp – a group works on needs around the camp every year.
- Wesley Woods Camp – we have adopted the Maple Cabin. A new cabin was built in 2016. The cabin is cleaned yearly to get ready for the camp season.
- Mission Trips – an adult work trip is scheduled for Oct. 8 – 13, 2017, to Midwest Mission Distribution Center in Chatham, IL.